Evolving Roles may collect personal information about you, which has been provided by you or on your behalf or by a referring clinician, agency or legal guardian.
What type of information is collected?
The kinds of information that we collect and hold are:
a) information about your name, address and contact details and, if you are a minor, information about the names addresses and contact details of your parent(s) and/or guardian(s) and siblings;
b) information that I need in order to provide you with Counselling & Psychotherapeutic services.
How do we use this information?
The main reason we collect information from you is so that we can provide child, adolescent, family and adult psychotherapeutic services.
We will also use the information you provide in the following ways:
• Administration of this practice
• Billing and account management
• To respond in the instance of risk or need especially while using Telehealth
• With your permission, disclosure to others involved in your/your child’s care, including treating doctors, specialists, school counsellors, psychologists or other therapists outside this practice who are, or may become involved in treating you or your child. This may occur through referral to doctors or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to me following the referrals. <Put in a consent form link here>
• We will ask if we can use your name/s in Supervision about our work together (your permission is not required if I don’t use your name/s) This disclosure would be to colleagues also bound by their Codes of Ethics and the Privacy legislation governing their practice. <Put in a consent form link here>
We will seek your permission, to use de-identified information about you in the course of a professional presentation and discussion of our work for the purposes of ongoing professional development. This disclosure would be to colleagues also bound by their Codes of Ethics and the Privacy legislation governing their practice. <Put in a consent form link here>
How is the information stored?
We will hold the personal information collected about you in paper files or computer records or a combination of the two. Evolving Roles will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How can I access this information?
You may obtain access to personal information about you, which we hold by making a request in writing. If you consider any personal information about you which we hold is incorrect, you may make a written request to us to correct that information.
How do I make a privacy complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about privacy issues you may do so personally or in writing. We will deal promptly with your complaint and respond to it in writing.
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The OAIC can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au.